On May 12, the "WannaCry" ransomware attack began and was soon making headlines around the world. It exploited a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows, then encrypted the hard drives of infected PCs and demanded $300 to release the files. The attack infected over 300,000 computers in 150 countries, including telephone utilities, a railway, the British National Health Systems, FedEx, and the Russian Interior Ministry.
Get IT security tips as we partner with Columbus Business First in their next Professional Education Series. What will be covered:
- Cyberterrorism, types of attacks and what they do.
- Different ways criminals can get into your network.
- Statistics and likelihood of businesses getting hit.
- How your employees can cause a data breech without even knowing it.
- Simple fixes that you can do yourself at little or no cost.
- Programs and software that actually work and protect your data.
- What you can do to educate yourself and your employees to avoid a data breach.
Email or call CloudCover today and we will take care of your admission, we have just a few seats left, it's only 6 days away!
When | Wednesday July 19th, 2017 @ 7:30pm
Where | Rev1 Ventures, 1275 Kinnear Road, Columbus
Presented by | CloudCover and Columbus Business First Magazine
Presenter | Brent Kenreich
For more information, contact:
Director, Marketing and Operations
614-500-4195 Ext. 114